ovum n : the female reproductive cell; the female gamete [syn: egg cell] [also: ova (pl)]ova See ovum
Etymologyplural of ovum.
- Rhymes: -əʊvə
Ova may mean:
- Original video animation, anime that are released directly to video.
- The plural of ovum, a female sex cell or gamete.
- city Ostrava
- Abbreviation of ovalbumin, a protein found in egg whites
- A suffix found in the surnames of Russian and Slovenian women; see names in Russian Empire, Soviet Union and CIS countries
- "Plain" in Turkish, can be found as a suffix in Turkish geographical names such as Çukurova, Akova.
ova in Italian: OVA
ova in Turkish: Ova